I am honored to be the first city councilmember to represent Goleta City Council District 2, which includes Old Town Goleta, Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital, The Goleta Community Center, Cabrillo Business Park, and the Goleta Post Office.
From multigenerational family farms and historic landmarks to cutting edge technology companies and one of the best neighborhood parks anywhere, District 2 is home to so much of what makes Goleta a special place to live, work and play.
Over the past four years there is a lot to be proud of in District 2.
- Completed Jonny D. Wallis Park
- Added new Pickleball Courts
- Secured $3 million for improvements to the Goleta Community Center
- Approved environmental review and project design for the Goleta Train Depot
- Approved a new Community Garden at Armitos Park
- Brought back the Goleta Old Town Holiday Parade
- Target moved into Goleta!
- Secured $19 million for Homeless housing and supportive services
- Purchased City Hall building, saving over $100,000 per year
Citywide we have also accomplished so much on behalf of all our residents:
- Approved a COVID Economic Recovery Plan and passed an eviction moratorium
- Passed policies to make childcare more accessible for working families
- Approved new affordable housing units and passed an Inclusionary Housing Policy
- Hired a new Spanish Engagement Specialist to perform needed community outreach
- Joined Central Coast Community Energy to help us meet our Fossil Free by 2030 Goal
- Led efforts to form a City Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
- Increased funding dedicated to protecting public safety
In the next four years I look forward to working collaboratively with my colleagues to accomplish even more. We will launch an Old Town Visioning Process, add new bike lanes and parking on Hollister Avenue, complete traffic improvements that will make it easier to get to or from the Airport, and launch new efforts to make housing and childcare more affordable for working families.
Over the past four years our city has continued to be a healthy, vibrant and sustainable city that successfully balances environmental sustainability with needed affordable housing, parks, library services, and expanded recreation opportunities while continuing to invest in public safety and practice fiscal responsibility.
I ask for your vote this year to bring experienced, common sense and balanced leadership that will keep Goleta on a path towards a brighter, more sustainable future.
The best way to help James is by telling your family, friends, and neighbors about his campaign. You can help make a difference by hosting a coffee, walking neighborhoods, or calling your fellow community members. Join our team as a volunteer today!