Four generations of my family have lived, worked and served the Goleta and Santa Barbara communities.
Whether it was my mother’s family starting a successful small business, Turnbull Florists in Santa Barbara, or my Grandfather Andy Kyriaco and his family helping other local businesses like Jordano’s here in Goleta, I learned the importance of hard work, listening to diverse perspectives, and leading with your values.
For over 12 years my wife Angie and I have lived in Goleta, here in the newly created Goleta City Council District 2 which includes Old Town Goleta, Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital, the Goleta Community Center, Cabrillo Business Park, City Hall and the Goleta Post Office.
As a councilmember I have worked locally and regionally to preserve and protect our environment and open spaces, increase access to affordable and workforce housing and childcare, and prioritized keeping our community safe and healthy for all of us.
This is a continuation of over 20 years of experience as a local nonprofit leader, and as a community volunteer serving on both city and county appointed boards and commissions focused on increasing public engagement, historic preservation and supporting efforts to address housing, homelessness, and services for our children and youth.
Over the next four years I want to continue my efforts to increase access to housing and childcare opportunities for working families, fully fund efforts to address homelessness, restore and enhance the vitality of our creeks and watersheds, and make our city more responsive, equitable and inclusive so that all of our residents can enjoy what is good about the Goodland.
- City of Goleta Public Safety & Emergency Preparedness Committee Member
- City of Goleta Liaison to Library Advisory Board
- City of Goleta Liaison to Goleta Valley Community Center Board of Directors
- City of Goleta Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee Member
- City of Goleta representative (alternative member) on Beach Erosion Authority for Clean Oceans and Nourishment (BEACON)
- Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital Foundation Board Member
- Central Coast Alliance United for a Sustainable Economy (CAUSE) Action Fund Board Member
- CommUnify Board Member
- County of Santa Barbara Historic Landmarks Advisory Commission, Former Member
- Citizens Planning Association of Santa Barbara County, Former Board Member
- Santa Barbara Community Development & Human Services Commission, Former Member
- Santa Barbara Tennis Patrons Board of Directors, Former Board Member
- Santa Barbara Family Care Center, Former Board Member and President
- Leadership Santa Barbara County, Class of 1999-2000