As your council member, I will bring over 20 years of experience making good things happen for our community. My work as a non-profit leader and community volunteer on both city and county commissions demonstrates my commitment to making local government work for its residents, to preserve and improve our community character for all of us.
I grew up here, attended local schools including SBCC and Antioch University, before eventually earning a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from Cal State Northridge.
My family has deep roots in Goleta. My grandfather Andy worked for many years at Jordanos. Later in life he settled down at Maravilla with my grandmother Geri. My mother Mara Dee also lived and worked for a number of years in Goleta before she retired in Santa Barbara. My father Jim graduated from UCSB and is now retired after a career as a legal professional.
I started my career working in local politics, managing and assisting the election campaigns for a number of respected local elected officials who represented Goleta including Susan Rose, Janet Wolf, Margaret Connell, Monique Limon & Kyle Richards. I also worked in Goleta’s nonprofit community, serving as the first executive director of the Goleta Valley Historical Society, which manages Rancho La Patera and Stow House. My accomplishments there include working to open the new History Education Center and raising needed funds for restoration of the historic gardens, trees and pathways.
Today I am proud to serve on Goleta’s Public Engagement Commission, working to make our local government more accessible and responsive to all residents. This is a continuation of years of community service focused on preserving our community’s unique character, as well as supporting our vital non-profit community.
- County of Santa Barbara Historic Landmarks Advisory Commission, Former Member
- Citizens Planning Association of Santa Barbara County, Former Board Member
- Community Action Commission of Santa Barbara, Former Board Member
- Santa Barbara Community Development & Human Services Commission, Former Member
- Santa Barbara Tennis Patrons Board of Directors, Former Board Member
- Santa Barbara Family Care Center, Former Board Member and President
- Contemporary Arts Forum of Santa Barbara, Former Development Associate
- Leadership Santa Barbara County, Class of 1999-2000